Pin unlock allows you to use a 4 digit pin code to log back in a machine when it locks. This guide details the steps to enable and configure this feature starting in v54 of CloudReady.
v54.1(Beta) -> current
For Home, For Education, For Enterprise
- Log in as your user, this is a per user setting
- In the browser, go to chrome://flags/#quick-unlock-pin
- Set to Enabled
- Click Restart
- In the browser, go to chrome://md-settings/people
- Click Screen Lock
- Enter your users password
- Select Pin or Password
- Click Set up Pin
- Enter 4 digit pin
- Click Continue
- You will be prompted to confirm pin, Re-enter 4 digit pin
- Click Confirm
- Close browser
If you would like to confirm this is working correctly, lock your computer with Windows key + L or Shift + Command + L on Mac.
Note: This is a per user setting that cannot be managed by the Google Admin Console. While it is possible to use it on the For Education and For Enterprise versions, it is not recomended. Also, the pin is set globally. Therefore, it only needs to be set once if you are using multiple devices. However it still would need to be enabled in chome://flags on each device.