CloudReady Compatibility for US Digital Testing Platforms
Neverware addresses ongoing technical compatibility with, and support for, US digital testing platforms based on three categories:
Our commitment to customers is that US digital testing platforms, including i-Ready, TestNav, Questar, DRC, and tests based on the AIR Secure Test platform, are and will remain supported on the latest stable versions of CloudReady.
- Throughout each school year, CloudReady is updated and maintained with the technical requirements of all major testing platforms.
- Our team conducts testing ahead of each release to find and resolve issues these platforms might have, and we maintain the closest relationships possible with testing providers to anticipate and address concerns possible.
Operating System Compatibility
- Because of its architecture, CloudReady is compatible with all US digital testing platforms that support Chrome OS.
- CloudReady offers the same user experience and management as official Chromebooks because it is built from the same open-source code base as official Chrome OS. For this reason, standards, setup instructions, settings, and other guidance provided for using Chrome OS also apply to CloudReady.
- CloudReady updates are separate from Chrome OS updates, but work in the same way and reflect the same major version numbers for compatibility and feature purposes.
- CloudReady stays no more than 2 major versions behind Google’s Chrome OS releases, with a typical average distance of 1 major version.
- CloudReady updates are delivered later than Chrome OS's in order to ensure stability and avoid disruptive bug patches across diverse supported hardware.
- During the school year, OS updates are explicitly targeted to fulfill update requirements and timing as provided by testing platforms.