1. What is CloudReady: Office 365 edition?
CloudReady: Office 365 Education Edition is a browser-based fast and secure OS that transforms your hardware into secure, easily manageable machines featuring native integrations with Microsoft OneDrive and online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote (Office 365 Online Apps).
2. What is the difference between using Office365 online on a CloudReady: Education edition and CloudReady: Office 365 edition?
CloudReady and Chromebooks provide integration with Google Drive for cloud storage in the Files app, and defaults to Google Apps like Docs, Sheets, and Slides for productivity work and when opening documents.
The Office 365 Education Edition of CloudReady replaces those integrations with Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Office Online for productivity.
When set up with our recommended integrations between Office 365 and Google Apps, students and teachers can log in to a CloudReady device using their Office 365 credentials and have their OneDrive and Apps ready for them when they log in.
3. Is there be a Home Edition of CloudReady: Office 365 Education Edition?
No. This Edition of CloudReady is designed for organizations and only allows users to sign in using a school or business Microsoft account.
4. Will there be an option to Dualboot CloudReady: Office 365 edition?
As the product is essentially downloaded and installed the same way as the original CloudReady product, dualbooting with CloudReady: Office 365 edition is definitely possible.
Still, Neverware recommends using this Edition to replace Microsoft Windows and to shift to using Office and OneDrive via the browser for more secure and sustainable computing.
5. There's no 32-bit Installer Image of CloudReady: Office 365 edition in my Download links, why is that?
There is no 32-bit version of CloudReady: Office 365 Education Edition because this limited-scope allows us to better support customers.
Most of the hardware that requires a 32-bit OS is over 10 yeas old and not compatible with CloudReady. We recommend CloudReady: Education Edition for those who have 32-bit machines that are necessary.
6. Are the hardware requirements for CloudReady: Office 365 edition the same as for the original CloudReady: Education Edition?
Yes, same certified (and certified only) models are supported: https://guide.neverware.com/supported-devices/
7. Do I need to have G Suite in order to use CloudReady: Office 365 Education Edition?
Yes - CloudReady depends on G Suite for user-authentication and profiles, device management, and many other services. You will need to register for G Suite and manage users and devices through Google's Admin Console.
However, it is possible use SSO and integrations to ensure users only need to log in with their Microsoft username and password, and then minimize management by focusing on external web filtering and use of Office Online.
8. Why isn't SSO working for Microsoft Sway?
Microsoft Sway does not authenticate the same way as Microsoft's other products. Users will need to sign in separately to use Sway, but other Microsoft products should only require a single sign in for all services.