You're looking to uninstall CloudReady-- it either wasn't for you or your device/model didn't work! This guide will tell you how to wipe CloudReady from your drive: but crucially, this will not restore your prior operating system. In order to reinstall your old operating system, you must use the recovery (or installation) media like you would on a blank computer after following these instructions.
-If you are a paid user (Enterprise or Education) looking to uninstall, please contact support
- Hold crtl+alt+f2 to access the command line.
- Log in with the username "Chronos" and password "chrome" (unless you have manually changed the login information).
- Enter the command "sudo fdisk -l" (if asked for the password, it will be same as step 2)
- Take note of the device listings. There should be a number of partitions, in the format sd[X][#]. The X will be a specific letter (usually "a" or "b").
- Enter the command "dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sd[X]" [X] will be replaced in the command example with the letter discovered in step 4. (usually "a" or "b").
Pro Tip: This is a randomized overwrite that will make recovery more difficult than overwriting with plain zeros.
- If it's working, the command line will move to a empty row: this step will take quite some time, depending on the size of hard drive to be randomized/wiped.
- Once finished, the machine will restart and you will have a device with a blank HDD, ready for you to install or recover your operating system.