You'd like to install CloudReady, but are looking to do so from the command line rather than the usual install method.
- Create your USB installer stick per the standard installation instructions
- Boot from your installation USB.
- When you see the network selection screen, press and hold Ctrl, Alt, and F2. This brings you to the command line.
- Log in to the command line with the username: chronos and the password: chrome
- Enter the command "sudo fdisk -l" (if asked for the password, it will be same as step 3)
- Take note of which partition you'd like to install on. In most cases, you'll want to select the largest one, which will likely be labeled "sd[X]" where [X] is usually "a" or "b".
- Enter the command "cd /usr/sbin"
- Next, enter the command "sudo chromeos-install --dst /dev/sd[X]" where [X] is usually "a" or "b". If you're looking to dualboot instead, add "--dualboot" to the end of the command after sd[X]
- Note: If the above command fails, enter the command :"sudo chromeos-install --skip_src_removable --dst /dev/sd[X]" where [X] is usually "a" or "b". f you're looking to dualboot instead, add "--dualboot" to the end of the command after sd[X]
- If asked for the password, it will be same as step 3.
- You will be asked to confirm the source and destination. To confirm you'd like to install CloudReady, press Y, then press enter.
- The installation process will begin. Errors/warnings are normal during this time and require no intervention to circumvent. This should take between 10 and 15 minutes.
- When complete, you will see a message that says, "Please shutdown, remove the USB device, cross your fingers, and reboot."
- Press and hold Ctrl, Alt, and F1 to return to the Welcome screen.
- Click the Clock Tray in the bottom right of the screen.
- Click the Power Button to the left of the Lock icon to shut down.
- Remove your USB stick, and start up your newly-installed CloudReady machine!