What are Proprietary Media Components & what requires them?
Proprietary Media Components are supplemental media codecs and file types that are pre-installed on all Chromebooks.
See the full list of file formats this enables here. All items labelled as
[Google Chrome OS only] are installed when you enable this plugin.
How do I enable Proprietary Media Components?
- Go to your my.neverware.com account.
- Go to Plugins.
- Click "Enable Proprietary Media Components".
- Log out of your my.neverware.com account.
- Reboot your CloudReady device.
How do I update Proprietary Media Components?
- On your CloudReady device, click on your user icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the gear icon.
- Go to "Media Plugins".
- Click "Check for updates now".
- Once the updates have downloaded, reboot your CloudReady device.