What is Widevine & what requires it?
Widevine is a plugin that is owned by Google and pre-installed on all Chromebooks. It provides DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that protected media can securely stream on computers such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon etc.
How do I enable Widevine?
- Go to your my.neverware.com account.
- Go to Plugins.
- Click "Enable Widevine".
- Log out of your my.neverware.com account.
- Reboot your CloudReady device.
How do I update Widevine?
- On your CloudReady device, click on your user icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click the gear icon.
- Go to "Media Plugins".
- Click "Check for updates now".
- Once the updates have downloaded, reboot your CloudReady device.