This is an error that occurs quite commonly during an installation process. If you come across this issue please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve it.
1. Once you plug in the USB installer, ensure that you choose the UEFI mode as shown in the picture
2. Log into the BIOS Settings of your device. Here is a list of common computer brands and the keys they commonly use for BIOS access: this may vary between specific models!
- Acer: F2
- Asus: Del
- Dell: F2
- Gateway: F1
- HP: F10
- Intel: F2
- Lenovo: F2
- Toshiba: F2
(Example Used here is of a Lenovo ThinkCentre M78 Device)
Ensure that the CSM is set to enabled and Boot Mode is set to "UEFI Only"
3. Once you save these settings and exit, continue with the install procedure, as usual, you should be able to see that the device will shut down and once rebooted will reboot into CloudReady.
For ASUS -> Try these steps:
1. Reset BIOS to "Defaults"
2. Press "Esc" while booting and select UEFI:<USB Name>
3. When the install is finished: remove USB, re-enter BIOS, and create a "New Boot Option".
4. Select the following for it: "Hard Drive->efi->boot->bootx64.efi".
5. Save the changes and reboot to use CloudReady.
6. If the issue reoccurs, or boot option fails to save changes, enable PXE Network boot and repeat the steps from 1-5. Once boot option is created, you can disable PXE once again if desired.