I eventually got this to work but I had to fiddle around a good bit. Figured I'd share what I did.
- Regular install (not dual boot) http://www.neverware.com/installation
- When it rebooted it just went to BIOS
- In BIOS: Boot > Add New Boot Option > Path: \efi\boot\bootx64.efi (found this in other posts, thanks!)
- At this point I saved and it would boot to a black screen and say "local image A". Clicking that would cause a kernel panic. But I did see something about the USB (I also say USB being mentioned elsewhere). Interestingly enough, if while the computer was booting if I spammed F12 it would not show "local image A" and instead boot to CloudReady (race condition?).
- In BIOS: Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Pre-Boot Mode: change "Enabled" to "Disabled"
- Save changes and now it boots to CloudRead. Also in the BIOS USB Configuration there is a Legacy USB Support option, and it is "Enabled". I tried changing it but it seemed to have no effect.
Anywho, I just wanted to post this incase it helps anyone else. Free beer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.