On my Elitebook 2740p with 4GB ram/ 128 SSD, I think that would be more than enough to get chrome running smoothly.
- But I wonder how comes I have win 7 64-bit is working smoother, and fully working with all specs after installing drivers.
- Even with win 8.1 64-bit, I still have a fast system and a stunning touch + digitizer oriented GUI, and above all drivers were installed automatically (a big move from win 7 regarding drivers).
- Win 8.1 is combing between speed close to win 7 and way faster than win 10.
- Now I'm giving CloudReady a try but it so far didnt meet any expectation nether in boot time and smoothness, heat, nor with any advantage to use android or linux apps.
- 73.1.66 (Developer Build - neverware) stable-channel chromeover64
Now I have the following issues I did so far much search and applied solutions in vain:
- Alt+ Shift is not working in switching between languages.
- Connect android phone "OnePlus 5" is inactive and wont open.
- Not to mention Touch screen is not working although it does in one or more linux distributions, which is a major point here that makes a big diffrence.
- Crossini is enabled but in vain. I guess its not supported, "termina" is not found in apps, but found through search , then it wont response which clicked, I only could get it pinned to shelf. and of course no linux bita found.
- In dv mode the system is unstable and restarts but no much harm as its a beta version the cool thing it was restarted while I'm writing this post but happily everything was saved including the message here, thats a great thing in chrome os.
For a device like elitebook 2740p with touch and pen chrome i guess could make much use of it, and offer huge advance to resurrect a machine thats is old yes, but still full of capabilities.
Please sign in to leave a comment.